Monday, May 18, 2009

Last Days in Paris

TODAY

Well I ended up at a super crummy hotel on the airport property. Catherine sent me a link and I booked it. I was very disappointed when I got here as I had visions of a soft bed, an English channel or a movie, and maybe even room service. Where is the Sheraton?

I got over myself as quickly as I could. Got a pop, chips, usa today, my camera and went to chill on the grass in the parking lot. Once I saw all the planes start to take off, I decided I would try and fill a frame with a plane. It is not as easy as you might think. I have no viewfinder, by the time you pull it in and try to focus, they are out of frame. I decided to do it until I got a good one..so take a look.. MADE me laugh out loud to myself cause there I was, as usual, making something good of a crummy situation.

I was out last night late and up early so I am tired. Have lots of emails to work on, business to do, reorganize my too heavy of bags, shower, grab a bite and go to bed. I have an 18 hour travel day tomorrow. The comforts of home are going to feel extra special.

I am ready to come home but so happy with my time in Paris. I have absolutely no regrets and did everything a girl could have wanted. I am more experienced now and will fall into it more easily the next time. A now seasoned Parisian, I can go out anywhere alone at night and get home on the metro. I can eat alone and enjoy it. I can say no to boys, even when I feel lonely and want some comfort. I can do just about anything I set my mind to. Even when I am afraid, I can overcome the fear or anxiety. When I am sad or scared or full of anxiety, I can talk myself out of it. I do not feel needy or wanting or longing for something to fulfill me. I feel pretty complete all unto myself. I am a pretty smart girl, still pretty cute, it’s the smile & the eyes, and people like me cause I put myself out there and bring energy to everything.

Can’t wait to see everyone and get/give lovies…

Old news

Friday night

After more than 8 hours of sleep, I woke up feeling better yesterday and slightly energized. I basically packed up my apt., did some errands and watched a movie.

Rue de Houchette is a little street off St.Michel and St Germain, and I had seen last week that it was full of clubs.

Lovely dinner at Place de Pont, front row view of the Friday night frolickers. Enjoyed an aperitif, followed by dinner, wine and coffee. Strolled afterwards and wandered in and out of a few places. I went to Cavette de Houchette, where the 7 piece jazz group played downstairs in a cave..they say it was once a prison. Great group, but the dancers are awe inspiring, I think it is the old fashion swing vs lindy which has those crazy moves. Got myself a glass of champagne and found the last seat to be had. I chilled good and even let myself go enough to bop along.

The crazy French boys were out in force last night. I enjoyed the attention but am starting to understand the culture and. I now do not get caught up in the, oh you are charming, or you have beautiful eyes, or any of the lines they give. I don’t go out on my own at home, so really do not have a lot of experience with the nighttime pairing dance.

I was the flame and the moths were flitting about last night. I am definitely in a different place these days as that does not interest me. I am my most proud of myself for getting out tonight, going to the clubs on my own, feeling content with myself, enjoying it all without someone by my side, fighting off the boys and getting home alone at 1:30 am..

I was on my way to Bassin de Villette today as I knew there was a fete going on. Happily got a txt from Guy asking what I was up to and telling me he was working there. So off I went and after finally finding him, I got a very long, very wet, very fun ride on the police boat with lights and speed and everything…too fun..

Started to rain on the way home. Not sure if I am going out tonight, I am very tired from my craziness last night…ended up watching too many sex in the city and did not go to sleep until 3:30. I have to clean my apt tomorrow and Guy wants to take me to dinner.

Probably just the right amount of excitement for this girl. It’s funny, I went from fairly isolated with pockets of fun at home, to completely busy and on the go every single second since I got here.

Posting a video of the drummers at the fete. General random pics along with the very cool band last night.

Saturday night

Just got back from Trocadero, the area across from the Eiffel Tower. I was going to go a few minutes where I went last night and grab a bite but started thinking of what I forgot..the Tower at night..so I took 3 metros and 40 minutes later, I was there…lots of nice pictures to send you. I love how there are so many shops and places to grab a quick bite, little mom& pops, squished together, pushing out into the sidewalks and streets..no huge corporates grabbing the real estate here.

No comments:

Post a Comment