Monday, April 13, 2009

The 7th Day is For Rest


God said the 7th day is for rest, did he? Well Becca said, I probably need some rest.


Couldn't get to sleep until almost 3am last night, might have been the 2 hour skype with my girl. I woke up at 9am, the earliest yet, and felt fairly rested. I have been thinking of a nap for the last couple hours but not gonna do it. I think I will get to bed tonight at some reasonable hour and I think i will now be on Paris time. I have heard it takes about a week to truly adjust to a new time zone. I feel adjusted.

My body and mind are slightly worn out. I did a fabulous job of wandering this week. Wish i had a pedometer, but I am sure i walked 20 - 25 miles.

I have a pretty good feel for the city now. Of course, I found out, the busiest time, ever in Paris is April 4 -14th for Easter/Spring Break. Well that is over today and the city should calme un peu.

Since I am normally a homebody and work alot, I am really not used to being on the run, or shall I say, walking for 8-10 hours in a day.

So my girl encouraged me to hang at home. I am catching up on work, emails, postcards, a little clean up, got some groceries, watching some videos, even listening to a little cnn.

What were my groceries today - just about the same yummy french things that cost so much at home but are so cheap here. A whole round of brie is 2 euros, my special cookies another couple euros,already told you about the fabulous apricot jam. Let's not forget the very large jar of cornichons for 2 E.. so happy at home in paris eating bread, brie, jambon, cornichons, cafe chocolate with orange choc cookies..haha, and I am losing weight.

Yesterday, hmm, I had a nice adventure, Samy took me places i would not have normally seen, so that will be the photos for today. We had mostly a nice day but he got very forceful and pushy and did not listen so eventually i ditched him. Too bad, tant pis, he wanted to take me everywhere, he wanted to take me to London this weekend and Versailles next week...

To make the whole boring long story short, I do not appreciate pressure from men, I can understand why a man would want to kiss someone in a romantic spot at a special moment, but i do not understand forcing a tongue in your mouth, and to continue such behavior after being asked to stop. There was more, but not necessary to rehash. Anyway Becca says this is somewhat normal if someone is into you, and guessing from my past, I guess it is somewhat normal for me, but it's not where I am at right now. And after talking with my girl last night, I think i was just not that into him.. got to have that vibe.

La Defense is amazing. It is the largest commercial area in Paris, nicknamed "le petit Manhattan". I have never seen these kind of buildings in Paris. The Boit de Bologne is another part of Paris, I never knew existed,, outside space - for running, cycling, picnics, lovely with the little waterfall.

Not a huge plan for tomorrow, non plus. I think i am going to wander to Rodin's Garden and Museum. Wed & Thurs, I am going to use my museum pass and see the Orsay and at least Mona Lisa and a couple impressionists at the Louvre.

I am very excited as I have reserved Moulin Rouge for a very fancy dinner and show Saturday night. Next week, I think I need the Champagne tour and probably going to Giverny.

So glad my girl gave me good advise as i am feeling relaxed and I think it is true that the 7th day is for rest... I have no idea how or why anyone would/could do Paris in 10 days or 2 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're starting to settle in. I think we talked about "the quiet time" before you left. Activities are great, but they're also somewhat distracting.

    breathe in, breathe out;
    breathe in, breathe out;
    breathe in, breathe out;

    pause... reflect... compose... and go forth...

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry you got groped auntie...
    stay close today and chill and you will be ready for more.

    sounds to me like you are doing everything perfect. you are there to be distracted. that's the point of an adventure. you didn't go to a beach to sit and sun yourself. you went somewhere to explore and do and feel alive.

    you rock!

    love you!

    ReplyDelete