Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Regular Parisian

Cafe et du pain avec apricot jam.. on my terrace to start the day.

I successfully took the metro to see Musee Rodin.

Since I walked a mile from there, I treated myself to a chocolate bread I have never seen before. I am never going to lose weight like this.

Rodin was relaxing and perfect. I loved it and got some nice pictures for everyone. The hardest part of getting a photo opp is waiting patiently (without cursing under your breath) for people to not be part of my picture. I found the audiolog very useful and was one of the geeks who listened to everything. The museum displayed at least 25 times as many pieces as I am showing. I only memorialized the ones that spoke to me.

I meandered in the garden and it felt wonderful. I spent the entire afternoon.

Afterwards I used my map to find St Germain, seems to be one of my favorite places. I was determined to find a particular metro back so I get easily get to and from that area with ease. It is right there where I have been before but could not find it. It is almost 6pm, and I am getting use to my pastis and people watching so I settle in. I decide, since salade nicoise is on the menu, to have dinner.

I am very tired once again. It is that time of the month (TMI) so I am sure it is physiological and I am not worried, but am sick of being tired. I am completely proud of myself for getting where I wanted to go today, casually finding my way to dinner, 'chillin' without the armor of a book or otherwise, and found my way home.

I successfully took the metro back and as I was walking home, I was thinking that I was feeling very Parisian.

Enjoy the pictures. Thanks again for all the encouraging emails and facebook notes. It means alot to me and has become a part of my daily ritual.


No comments:

Post a Comment