Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ok so today was a little strange. Woke up after 8 hours sleep but still really tired. I did a bunch of emails and random things, and felt so tired. Thought if Becca was in Paris, she would not have gotten up at 8:30, so at 10:30, I laid down for a nap - 3 hours later..uh oh. So the jet lag gets you no matter what. Took awhile to get myself showered and around after napping, but I ventured forth. The morning was cold, windy, gloomy and rainy so napping was probably good anyway.

Catherine sent me to Rue de Moufettard, so off I went. Great place, left pics in my Paris photo album. Had a biere and then wandered and then had a pernod, oh yeah, momma's on the loose. I love that they give you a little small bowl of olives and one of nuts.

Observations today -

French girls walk and smoke and I decided it looks kinda sexy so I am putting a kibash (spell that) on the no walking and smoking rule.

I saw 3 to 1 men with babies, pushing strollers etc than woman. Maybe there are more men out of work so they are primary caretakers, so cute.

I am not sure of the short shorts with black tights look however I can handle the too tight of jeans tucked into boots.

The city is bigger than I remember and it is a lot of walking.

People have very strong views about our government and many do not understand, nor do I.

Even though it is cold and windy, people sit outside to drink their drinks - how come we can't have more outside stuff in Portland. Oh and very few know Oregon but they sure know California.

The patisseries are phenominal and I didn't go in one today, too busy drinking.

I felt bad that i didn't do more today but I did enjoy my day and learn more about where I am.

I hope the weather clears soon.

1 comment:

  1. ooo la la, be easy on yourself it takes time to ajust to the time zones. I am with you though don't think I would be into black tights and short shorts look either. Can't wait to see some pictures. How is your terrace. Remember the more walking the more bread you can consume. Glad you got out today, tomorrow I am sure you will feel better and venture farther. Remember to dine for dinner alone in a nice place, never know who you might meet. News today was all about the strikers at the Eiffel Tower. How are things in Gay Paree. I am new to this blogging thing, don't think I am supposed to ask questions just state things, oh well I always did beat to a different drummer. Loving You, Nanny

    ReplyDelete